Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) felicitated 30 women under Web Wonder Women campaign. They were felicitated to celebrate their exceptional achievements in driving social reforms via social media.
These 30 women were selected by WCD Minister Maneka Gandhi led panel comprising of 10 judges. The panel had finalised names of 30 women from over 240 nominations received under categories media, awareness, legal, health, governmental, food, environment, development, business and art.
Web Wonder Women campaign
- It was organized by WCD Ministry in collaboration with Twitter India and NGO Breakthrough India.
- It was aimed at recognizing fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across globe who have used power of social media to run positive campaigns to steer positive change in society.
- It also was aimed at encouraging, recognizing and acknowledging efforts and voices of these meritorious women who on their own capacity have driven positive impact on social media platforms.
- It is the third leg of the ‘Women Achievers’ campaign of WCD Ministry along with Nari Shakti Puruskar and Nari Shakti Puruskar.
Other WCD Ministry Honours
- Nari Shakti Puruskar: It is given every year on 8th March (World Women Day) to honour women who have contributed to society but have remained unsung.
- 'First Ladies' Initiative: It recognising women who have broken glass ceiling and ventured into unusual fields.
- It is first-of-its-kind Government initiative to felicitate exceptional women who were the first to set milestone in their respective fields.
- 100 Women Achievers: It was launched by WCD ministry in collaboration with Facebook to recognise '100 Women Achievers' who have excelled in diverse sectors of public work.