CMD of Kirloskar Systems Ltd and vice-chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor Vikram Kirloskar was appointed as President of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2019-20. He succeeds Rakesh Bharti Mittal, vice-chairman, Bharti Enterprises. T.V. Narendran, CEO & MD of Tata Steel Limited was appointed as CII vice-president for 2019-20. Uday Kotak, founder and MD & CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank, is President designate of CII for 2019-20.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- It is non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed business association/organization.
- It works to create and sustain environment conducive to development of India, partnering industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.
- It was founded in 1895. It is headquatered in New Delhi.
- It works with Government on policy issues. It also plays proactive role in India's development process. It has been catalyst of change in India’s economic policy reforms.
- It is India's premier business association has around 9000 members, from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs.
- It has indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from around 276 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.