WNS Global Services Group CEO Keshav Murugesh was appointed as Chairman of IT industry body National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) for 2019-20. He will take over from his previous role as vice-chairman of NASSCO and will succeed Rishad Premji (Wipro chief strategy officer and board member). Bedsides, NASSCOM also has appointed Infosys COO U.B. Pravin Rao as its vice-chairman for 2019-20.
National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
- It is global non-profit trade association (organisation) of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry.
- It is registered as society under Indian Societies Act, 1860. It facilitates businesses and trade in software and services. It also encourages advancement of research in software technology.
- Its headquarters are in New Delhi. It has regional offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
- It has over 2000 members, of which over 250 are companies from the China, EU, Japan, US and UK.
- Its member companies are in business of software development, software services, software products, IT-enabled/BPO services and e-commerce