Agriculture web portal Rice Knowledge Bank-Assam was launched recently as part of World Bank funded project- Assam Agri-business and Rural Transformation (APART). It is dedicated for enhancing knowledge on rice production techniques and technologies, best production practices and state agriculture facts.
Assam Rice Knowledge Bank (RKB-Assam)
- It has been developed by Assam Rural Infrastructure and Agricultural Services Society (ARIAS), Assam Agricultural University (AAU) with technical assistance from International Rice Research Institute (IRRI).
- It aims to bridge gap between research and on-field rice production practices. It will serve as digital extension service providing practical knowledge solutions, especially for small-scale farmers in Assam.
- It will showcase rice production techniques, agricultural technologies and best farming practices based on pool of knowledge from research findings, learning and media resources from AAU and IRRI.
- It will play key role to ensure transfer to knowledge on rice production techniques and technologies and best production practices to small and marginal farmers.
- It will empower farmers with better decision-making, reducing yield gaps and leading to increase in farmer incomes and improved sustainability.
- It will help to address challenges for agricultural development by supporting fast and effective transfer of technologies and knowledge from research laboratory to farmer's fields.