Haryana Government has launched Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi, a scheme to provide financial and social security to farmers and workers in unorganised sector in the state. Its intendent beneficiaries will be farmers cultivating up to five acres of land and families having income less than Rs 15,000 per month.
Mukhyamantri Parivar Samman Nidhi
- Under it, each beneficiary family is eligible for financial assistance of Rs 6,000 every year. Each family will have to nominate member to avail this benefit.
- It has two categories: Beneficiary under age group of 18 to 40 years and beneficiary under the age group of 40 to 60 years.
- It has four options to avail financial assistance.
- First option: Families can receive Rs 6,000 every year, which will be deposited in three equal installments of Rs 2,000 in bank account of head of the family.
- Second option: Family has to nominate member to avail the benefit and he or she will get Rs 36,000 after completion of five years.
- Third option: Nominated beneficiary will get pension of Rs 3,000 to Rs 15,000 per month after attaining age of 60 years, which will depend up on the age of the beneficiary at start of the scheme.
- Fourth option: Nominated beneficiary will get Rs 15,000 to Rs 30,000 after five years. It will depend upon option selected by nominated beneficiary.
Insurance Cover Component
- Nominated beneficiary can opt for options of insurance cover. Its premium of will be paid by state government.
- It includes insurance of Rs 2 lakh on natural death and accidental death, insurance of Rs 2 lakh for permanent disability and insurance of Rs 1 lakh for partial disability.
- If nominated beneficiary is also covered under Pradhanmantri Shram-Yogi Maandhan, then beneficiary after attaining the age of 60 years will be eligible for pension of Rs 3,000 per month. Its premium will be paid by the government.
- Nominated beneficiary having age between 40 to 60 years, can receive Rs 6,000 every year, which will be deposited in three equal installments of Rs 2,000 in bank account of the head of the family.
- Otherwise, nominated beneficiary can get Rs 36,000 after every five years.